Let’s talk about the Big Room Experience, an idea that stems from Lean construction processes that leverages cross-functional teams. It’s a collaborative approach to construction planning that improves trust and communication. And it can benefit all types of contractors and projects.
The practice of meeting in physical big room has evolved with the times. The big room has gone digital — but traditional online whiteboards haven’t kept up. Teams need more than just digital sticky notes.
If you’re using traditional online whiteboards:
- Does your current solution offer a visual way to present, share, maintain, and store all your project details?
- Can you align all documents, images, and plans on a single infinite workspace?
- Are you able to visually identify conflicts to increase efficiency and reduce safety incidents?
If you answered no to any of these, it’s likely time to consider a digital whiteboard developed specifically for the construction industry.
Benefits & Evolution of Whiteboards
The benefits of digitizing the big room experience are a more seamless process, more efficient planning, better alignment, reduced risk of miscommunication, and better decisions.
But the construction industry has a low tolerance for software that’s hard to use or doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to. Field crews and trades need software that’s easy to use.
Enter the next generation of online whiteboards: A solution that combines robust project management software with infinite whiteboarding to take the complexity out of complex projects.
The Future of Whiteboarding
The future of online whiteboarding is more than your average collaboration tool. Here are a few tips if you’re looking for a whiteboard to use in your construction planning:
- Simple & Straightforward: A complicated interface with multiple options would not be the right choice. Contractors want digital solutions that are easy to use and adopt. Find a solution that prioritizes simplicity in their solution.
- A Single Source of Truth: Online whiteboards and digital planning tools are usually separate solutions. Look for construction planning software that combines whiteboarding with task management.
- Easy to Implement & Adopt: Eliminate the complicated interface and setup. Look for a solution where users can navigate the platform from any location.
- Analytics & Reporting: Reporting features keep you on track. Find a solution that give you the PPC, task and crew size management, and weekly work plans.
How Hoylu Can Help
Creating an engaging digital work environment for your team does not have to be a daunting effort. Hoylu for Construction is a comprehensive project management solution that addresses the specific needs of the construction industry. It offers a range of features, including real-time collaboration, automatic updates, visual project planning, and team communication.
With Hoylu, construction teams can plan and execute projects more efficiently, reduce the risk of errors, and stay connected and informed about project changes. As a cloud-based software, Hoylu is easy to use and accessible from anywhere, making it an essential tool for construction professionals looking to streamline their workflows and improve project outcomes.